Colin Watson studied fine art at Goldsmiths School of Art and graduated in 1972, he then went on to co-found a community arts co-operative based in New Cross in London. The group worked within the local community on projects funded by borough councils, GLC, London Arts Council and community groups for the next 5 years.
Colin returned to Peterborough to help set up Lady Lodge Arts Centre, funded by the PDC and Eastern Arts and was an active part of this highly successful team for 6 years.
In the early 1980’s Colin and his partner Linda Watson set up ‘Community Arts Service’, working on a wide range of arts based projects mainly in care and school settings. Colin then went on to teach in primary schools and to the present day special school settings.
Colin has recently taken some time to allow his passion for painting, drawing and sculpture to re-emerge.
He is currently exploring the wildness left in himself and in the landscape around him through a series of landscape paintings and drawings.
Contact us to find out more about Colin!
Leave a Reply
This entry was posted in:
- Drawings & Paintings - Colin Watson & David Lewis - 1-30 Nov
- Artist’s Networking Event - Wisbech - 22 Sept 2011
- Development of an Area Cultural Strategy for Trumpington Meadows in Cambridgeshire
- Payne Primary Create a Magical Map of their Village!
- Penny Carkeek - Landscapes
- Karen Harvey
- Heritage Lottery Funding for our Young Curators Forum!
- Penny Carkeek
- Look who we Nominated for the Pride in Fenland Awards!